- I know I should stop saying, "All the cool kids are doing it" in my post title, but it auto-populates and I don't want to take the time to undo it. Although, by the time I'm done typing this sentence, I could have fixed it three times. Oh well.
- I had an awesome visit with my dental hygienist today. Well, at the dentist in general actually. After our uber shocking (insert sarcasm) negative pregnancy test, I decided it was time to take care of some things I've been neglecting. I was thinking this would help distract me. So, I started with the important stuff. Teeth. They had a cancellation and were able to fit me in this morning at 9:15. The lady at the front desk (who sounds like one of those actresses who is faking a southern accent because it's SOOOO strong) handed me a "new patient" form to complete b/c they have to get them updated once every couple of years and I was due. She also handed me my old sheet for reference sake which I thought was awesome in case I forgot an allergy or a surgery date. SO, I start filling it out and the first question under the medical section is, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?" SO, I very deliberately checked NO. Then a few questions later it asks, "What medications are you taking?" I thought, "Crap, I need a bigger piece of paper for this!"... So, I sighed and started filling it in. Next question was "Why are you taking this medication?" So, I snarled and wrote why: Infertility. Then I thought I'd check my old sheet to see what the OLD Shannon was taking. Naturally, "Birth Control". My reason for Why? "NO BABIES FOR US YET!" Really, Shannon? REALLY? Such a friggin schmuck. (does that apply? I never know what a schmuck really is, but I am sure it applies here!) I checked the date on the old form. January, 2009. One month before we tossed those BC pills out. Ugh. So, I grumbled my way through the rest of the questions and waited my turn to be tortured The hygienist finally calls me back and what's in her hand? Yep, my new patient information sheet I just completed. You can imagine what happens next, right? Oh yes....it was awesome. She read over my sheet, flipped it over to the GOOD stuff and then it began.....
Her: Well, since you might be pregnant, we won't do x-ray's today, but you are way past due for those.
Me: It's ok, I'm not pregnant.
Her: Well, you might be.
Me: No, I'm NOT. I took a test yesterday, I'm NOT.
Her: Oh. Ok. (She moves some things around the tray and stands up)
Her: Yeah, I have two friends who tried and tried for years to get pregnant and they are both pregnant now thanks to all that stuff (and references my paper) and I am just SO excited for them!!!!!
Me: Yep. That's very exciting. (Insert every single ounce of "Oh my gosh, really lady?!" tone into your voice here)
Her: Yes, it really is. I think one of them is due any day now, actually.
Me: Well, that's just fantastic!
Her: *Silently to herself but I heard it clear as day* Oh crap.....how am I going to clean her teeth when both of my hands are busy trying to pry both of my feet out of my mouth?
I seriously just wanted to crawl under the chair and cry or die or both.
- Since I decided to take care of some things that needed to be taken care of (with me), I made a list. Wanna see it? Good, here it is.
- Dentist (CHECK)
- Hair Appt (tomorrow)
- Yearly Visit
- Have my eyes checked
- Have my hearing checked (I have ringing in my ears lately)
- My 3 year old niece wanted me to call her today on my way home. So, I did and she was talking my head off about her pink Christmas tree she is going to put up in her bedroom here at my house and how she wants to spend the night with me "to-mario". In the middle of one of my questions about her new tree, she said, "Bye" and I said, "You getting off the phone?" and she said, "Well, I am finished talking to you now. Bye" and hung up. I cracked up. Silly girl.
- I have OCD about my fingernails. They have to be the same length and shape. My pointers have to match up, middles have to match up, etc., and I compare them several times a day. More when I'm anxious. You can imagine this gets a little bothersome and time-consuming since an infertile spends 90% of their time in some form of anxiety; however, my nails look fantastic.
- Funny story here, which I guess we should share with the rightful person.... I managed to hurt my own feelings. Recently, I was able to get a little bit of new traffic thanks to Elizabeth at Many Many Moons and for that, I am SO thankful (really, THANK YOU E!). Just you few new readers/friends have honestly made me feel so much LESS lonely on this journey through infertility. Through her blog, I came across many new blogs and quickly began following most of the girls that I thought were just super funny and sarcastic (that would be you, dahling). Somewhere along the way, or maybe she is how I found Elizabeth, I don't recall, but I came across Josey's blog, My Cheaper Version Of Therapy. I immediately did what I always do when I find someone I really like and read up on her old blogs and laughed/cried my way through a lot of her story. Like with all of you, I formed a little connection with Josey. That's what this is about, right? It's part of what is so awesome about blogging. I've been following her and her soon-to-be-here "Rockstar" ever since. Well, at some point about 2 weeks ago, I thought to myself, "Wow, Josey never comments on my blog anymore. I hope I haven't done something to make her think I'm a jerk or anything." I love my new friends, ya know?! And so, as usual, I'd look forward to reading the comments I'd receive on my posts (I swear if I could, I would hoard those things, I love them that much) and wonder now and then if I should email her and ask her if I had commented something on her blog that was offensive or rude. I mean, all of you show me love on a regular basis and I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe I had offended her specifically or something. Then yesterday, I realized she doesn't even follow my blog and has never posted on it the FIRST TIME and that I'm an idiot for not realizing that sooner. *sigh* How ridiculous is this, really?! I mean REALLY. All I can do now is smile sheepishly and scuff my feet and say, "Aw shucks, I feel silly." So that's that. Dangit Josey! I thought we were friends! :) Being me is hard.
- So, we failed at our most recent attempt at having a baby. Thank you to all of you who sent me sweet messages and emails showing your support. It really means so much to me. I don't know what we're going to do next. I don't know if this is the end of our rope or not, but you know I'll keep you posted and maybe even ask for some advice in the near future. Just please continue to pray and send positive thoughts our way and I'll be much obliged to do the same.
- One more thing I forgot to add earlier....In our team meeting today at work, our main manager was there talking about what happens when we don't service our customers the way we should. She said, "We get sued, we lose our bar license, we lose our jobs, our children starve." I just hung my head in shame. I am the ONLY one left without kids of my own or at least one on the way. Ugh.