Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Raw Food Diet/Cleanse

Well, it's time for me to do something good for myself.  :)  I've been feeling so tired lately.  So wiped out every day by about six o'clock.  Sometimes, it's a struggle just to get through the evening until bedtime.  Easton doesn't sleep all night, (hasn't since he was five months old) so I know that has something to do with it, but I also think it's my diet.   I eat pretty healthily 80% but that 20% not-so-good-for-me-stuff is starting to wear on me, or so I have convinced myself.

That being said, I've decided to do a raw food "challenge" of sorts.  No one else is doing it with me, so technically, it's not a challenge but I'm not doing it for any other reason other than to try and rid myself of some of the toxins I have stored up in my body.  I'm looking at it like getting an oil change, new battery, new vent thingy for your air they always try to sell you at Valvoline AND new tires.  My body is my vehicle and I need it to be healthy!  I'm very optimistic that this will help!

I've lost five pounds so far since I started eating healthier/working out three days a week and though I'm not doing this as a weight loss tactic, I'm assuming it will also cause me to drop a few pounds.  I've done some research into it the past few weeks and going raw just seems like a good fit to me.  I had considered just going vegetarian for a week, but I know 100 different unhealthy ways to eat those (hello, I live in the south!) and that's not what I want.  I want clean, healthy, tasty, yummy fuel for my body.

GOOD food has become even more important to me since Easton has started eating and I'm going to do my level best to make sure he gets the most nutritious foods I can possibly give him.  I don't want his tiny little body filled with junk that doesn't benefit his development!  I want to be an example to him.  I don't think I'll go 100% raw for good or anything, but I think learning to eat raw foods and creating raw dishes will be just one more thing I have to offer him from our kitchen (and garden).

I'll have to keep you all posted on my week long attempt!  I can already tell you that eating WARM food will be what I miss the most!

I'm starting my day off tomorrow with a HUGE smoothie and a bucket of fruit for a snack.  Who knew you had to eat so much more food doing this diet!?  Whooohooo!

Ok, good night everyone.  I have to get to bed!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment