Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Blog By Any Other Name...


A Blog By Any Other Name....would not be as sweet!

Solo Pronto!  

When I chose this name for my blog, it was because of what it meant:  I am ready.  Not really knowing what lay in my future, it seems ironic that I would pick something so completely fitting for what was to come.  As my husband says, "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes".  It was serendipitous to be sure.

When I wrote my little tag line at the top of the page, I didn't really know what all successes, failures, fears, joys, accomplishments, etc I would have in the coming months, but the last year or so has been stocked full of them.  All of them.  And I said I was ready....but as I quickly found out, there were times that I wasn't.  Not even close.  But then you have to consider that I'm accepting my failures here while rejoicing in my successes so if not being ready is a failure, I accept it and then rejoice in that success.

Solo Pronto!

It's been so nice to have this little place where I can jot down my thoughts in a rather intimate manner and not really worry about who reads it because honestly, only a few of you KNOW me.  I can just relax and be me and not worry about being the topic of conversation around the water cooler the next day (unless one of you, my five followers, happens to have some weird water cooler chats).

I've considered inviting people from my email list or family members or coworkers or facebook pals, but honestly, most of them don't know about half of the things we've been through in the last year and I'm pretty alright with that.  Although, I will admit to complaining about having only 5 followers to my husband the other night...again, accepting my failures here.

I want to thank each and every one of you for reading and making me feel better when I've needed a little boost.  I "ain't to proud to beg" now and then either as you've noticed!  Thank you for indulging me, sometimes it's food for my soul.

Ok, to celebrate one of my accomplishments and end on a happy note, I'm doing really well in my new job and already have a potential new opportunity within the company.  A prominent family in town hired me to be a Legal Assistant for their law firm but I've not actually done much of that.  I think they've been trying to decide if that's really where they want me or not.  So, I have been doing other stuff for some of the other businesses this family owns as well as some of the legal stuff.

I'm working very hard and doing anything that anyone needs done (including but not limited to babysitting, hole punching, wine pouring, condo cleaning for the boss, balancing spreadsheets and making an insane amount of trips to the bank and post office).  I figure the best way to make myself indispensable is to do every "grunt" job that needs to be done until they assign me a full workload.  It's paying off and I'm proud of my persistency and the fact that I've swallowed my pride and started from ground zero again.  Ok, not ZERO, more like five or six on a scale of one to ten with ten being where I was seven months ago.  :)  It's good to be making a good name for myself again.

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity I'm hoping for with them...It may be a better fit for me than my previous job ever was.  I heard something the other day that has really stuck with me.  I'm happy that I've turned a corner and am now able to see something positive out of losing my job in March.  What stuck with me was this phrase: "Sometimes good things fall apart, so better things can happen".  Maybe this job was my something better?

SOLO PRONTO!
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. I like weird water cooler conversations. Half the time I start them, the other half is about me. lol

    You actually have 6 followers because I always say, "Hey Paul, Shannon made a new post." :)

    We are and will continue to pray for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points baby! And actually you have 7 followers because apparently I'm not listed as one of your followers. The things you say in this post are a great way to look at the past year, as well as what lies ahead. Good things eventually happen to good people, and you're a good people. Love you.... -Rik

    ReplyDelete