Sunday, November 18, 2012

Welcome Our Son! Baby Easton is here!

LOOK WHO JOINED THE PARTY!

Easton was born 11/8/12 @ 7:16 pm to two VERY proud and exhausted parents.
(Thank you to Daddy for delivering him safely and soundly!)

He weighed in at a sturdy 8 pounds 5 oz and was 21 1/2 in long!

So new and so alert.  I was amazed by this little face.

Fortunately for him, he favors his father.  Check out these profiles.

Deep (space) discussions with Daddy inspired by adorable space jammies.

Mommy & Easton falling more and more in love by the minute!

Our first day home is a success!  Maybe they will let us keep him after all?

Allow me to show you my surprised face! Ooooooh!

Daddy has never claimed to be stylish.....at least we have stripes as a constant here?

Showing off the Herrmann nose and lips.

When it comes to saving the world, he's your man. Check out those muscles!


There just aren't words....  "Love" is so inadequate a word.


Ok, so sorry for the delay in posting this gorgeous piece of news out here.  I honestly have no idea how you all do it the day of or the day after delivery.  I was busy trying to recover.  Yikes!  I will post his birth story in the next few days.  Now that I feel less like a swamp monster, I think I can squeeze it in!  We have his newborn photo session tomorrow so maybe after that, I'll take a little time and jot it all down before I forget (or block it out).  I am 100% amazed at how much my heart has grown in the past week and a half.  I never knew.  I thought I knew.....I had no idea.  My friends have all told me, just wait till you have your own.  They were right.  It's honestly a religious experience to look at the face of your child and KNOW that God blessed you with them and that your body was just a vessel in the process.  I've never been more thankful for anything in my life.  The relationship that Rik and I have is forever changed, deepened, opened, strengthened.  It's amazing.  It's like I went in to the hospital one person and came out two days later someone completely different.  The world is a whole new place.  This little boy has made me new/whole again.  I can't wait to share him with all of you.  I hope you love him too.  :)

Finally a Mommy,
Shannon

8 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! I've been hoping that you were MIA because of a little bundle like this. :) Congrats on a beautiful, healthy little boy. The love of a mother is pretty incredible, isn't it? I can't wait to hear all about the birth experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! He is SO gorgeous!!! You and Rik look so blissfully happy.. We welcomed our little boy 4 days after you! Aren't they the most precious beings on earth?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Momma!
    He is absolutely perfect and sooo cute.... I have a crush ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS! Welcome Baby Easton! Well he just looks like a little piece of Heaven that just feel down into your arms :) Congratulations Mommy!!! Wow, I am so excited. So wait...you wrote "thanks to Daddy for delivering him safely." Did your husband have to deliver him???? :) Can't wait for your next post! Enjoy your little miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Congratulations! He is beautiful!!! Reading this totally brought tears to my eyes. I am truly so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! How precious is he!? He is so cute! Congratulations... can't wait to hear all about it - but enjoy him and don't worry about us. :)

    ReplyDelete