Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hey-loooo there!

Well, wow.  What a few weeks we've had!


Vacation with the family (awesome pictures to come) and lots to update about the pregnancy.  I always dreamed of doing what I'm about to do so would all of you please stand and applaud the fact that I get to do my very own pregnancy update email/questionnaire!  THANK YOU!


How far along?  18 weeks today!
Total weight gain/loss? No weight gain yet!
Maternity clothes?  Yes, some times when I want to be uber comfy, otherwise, I'm still fitting into most low-rise things.  I am thinking though, that I have worn my favorite jeans for the last time (Sunday).
Stretch marks? None so far. I'm sure towards the end when my rear end explodes (from weight gain) and my tummy quadruples and then quadruples again, I'll be singing a different tune.
Sleep?  Annoying.  I wake up every morning at about 5:15 wide awake.  Always thinking of our little scrip scrap and what he's doing in there and what he'll look like and is this lack of weight gain a bad thing, etc.  It's like my psyche is training me for those early mornings just like my bladder and my constant tossing and turning are training me (as best they can) for waking up all night long w/ the little one.  Yeah right, this won't even compare...
Best moment last week? FEELING HIM MOVE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!
Movement?  Last Wednesday, I was laying in the bed on vacation, getting a little R&R between beach trips and the little rascal moved/kicked.  I jumped and then laid very still and waited....he did it again a few minutes later and I just KNEW that was him.  It was two more days before I could feel him again but since then, he's been a regular old show-off.  When I wake up, he is knotted up into a tiny little ball (or something) and he sticks way out - it's VERY weird looking/feeling.  It looks like a growth/tumor!  Anyway, Sunday, he was all bunched up and Rik had just served me breakfast in bed (YES!!!!) when I felt him punch or kick really hard.  Since he was all bunched up, I could feel it so much more.  I grabbed Rik's hand and put it on there and he thinks he felt it too.  :)  I have to say, this was the coolest thing thus far.  Gosh, I cannot believe I am going to have a baby.
Food cravings?  I wouldn't say I crave anything, but I reallllly want the things I cannot have.  Sushi (raw), oysters (I did break the rules on vacation and have a few which I feel HORRIBLE about), soft cheeses, etc.  The mind wants what the body can't have! Vino, anyone?
Gender? Baby boy!
Labor signs? I've got nothing but constant back pain - nothing labor related.  Too early.
Belly button in/out?  Still way in but looking more like a swimming hole than a belly button these days. 
What I miss:   Really just the foods I love and can't have.  Other than that, just being able to move about without having this severe back pain.  Beyond worth it, just annoying.
What I am looking forward to: Next week's ultrasound so I can see him again.  One week at a time, right?
Milestones: Feeling little man move.  It's something I never thought I'd be blessed enough to experience.  Oh, and finally starting to have a bump instead of a pudge.  :)  I'm finally showing and it's kind of sweet to look down and see it.  


Ok, when we found out what we were having, I posted this quick little update and then we were so busy getting ready for vacation, doing ball tournaments, etc that I haven't had a chance to even breathe for three weeks.  It's been chaos.


The ultrasound tech didn't make it super special or anything and was in a crappy mood (airing dirty work laundry with a co-worker kind of mood) and so it wasn't exactly as made for television as I had imagined in my mind, but still....we got the news and it was very exciting.  We didn't get to see him move as much this time b/c she was in a hurry but he was adorable and sweet and we got a great shot of his personal business so we know for sure he's a boy.  The other really cute thing is that in all of our ultrasounds, since he's had legs that is, he's had his legs crossed at the ankle for at least a portion of the show.  It's like he's all kicked back, doing his growing thing and doesn't have a care in the world, regardless of the fact that I'm in a constant state of worry and paranoia!  (he just bumped me to let me know he doesn't appreciate me talking about him like he's not here...hmmph!)  Anyway, this last visit was very adorable b/c he had his legs crossed and wouldn't let us see his business.  She had to poke me (too hard, I might add) with the wand thing to get him to move around and eventually, he opened them up for us.  It was really cute.  I know that's what they do, cross their legs and such, but it was just cute to imagine him being all chilled out and relaxed like his Daddy always is.  That's clearly all changed as much as I have felt him today.  :)


I hope you all are doing well, I have a ton of catching up to do and can't wait to get to it so here's a pic of me at 17 weeks to show you my little bump!  :)  




And because my sister in law is sadistic, here is another one with a tiny shield to hide me a little bit....yes, I'm whiter than the sun, leave me alone.  :)



**stupid blogger won't post the pics, sorry!**

Till next time, 
Shannon






6 comments:

  1. **applauding!** :)

    So exciting that you've been feeling the lil man move :) Couldnt see the pic of you but maybe its just my computer actin a fool. Thanks for the update! So glad all is well is baby growin land :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling him move. That is the best!!!

    I want to see the pictures!!! Figure it out!!!!!

    (please :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want pictures!!!!
    Yay for 18 weeks and for feeling movement =)

    For some reason my comments don't post. I've been commenting on your posts and this is my 2nd time on this particular post... blogger picking on me =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling those first few movements from your baby are the absolute best!! Just having that reassurance that all is well helped make me relax a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! So exciting Shannon. Couldn't be happier that you are now doing pregnancy updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first movement is so amazing! I didn't feel it until 23w, you lucky duck. :(

    About the food cravings, (1) soft cheeses - those warnings are outdated as almost all soft cheese are pasteurized in the US now - just check the label. I ate feta, etc. to my heart's content while pregnant with my doctor's blessing! I think I found one cheese out of 10 that was not pasteurized, so I just avoided that one. (2) fresh fish - if you know where it's coming from and it's low in mercury, again, not to worry. the japanese don't quit eating sushi when they're pregnant!

    I wish your pic would upload!!

    ReplyDelete